About Cochran Chemical Company
Cochran Chemical Company, Inc. has been serving the oil and gas industry for well over 60 years. In 1959 Fred Cochran retired from an executive position at a major chemical company and moved home to Wewoka, Oklahoma to start his own chemical company. The company he started was Cochran Chemical Company, Inc. and has continued under the direction of Mr. Cochran’s son-in-law and COO William E. Gau.
Mr. Cochran’s wife, Mary Sue Cochran served as Chairman of the board and then passed the torch to her daughter Susan Gau. Today we are a wholly owned Women’s Corporation in Oklahoma continuing to operate at the same high-level of excellence that we have since day one. Over the span of six decades, Cochran has operated in nearly every oil and gas producing state in the United States and overseas.
Today, Cochran focuses on its core resources in Oklahoma, Texas, Kansas, New Mexico and Arkansas as a strong regional independent, while keeping our eye toward sustainable growth in new regions.